Sunday, October 9, 2011

Giant Pastries

In Mendoza I got to save money over staying in a hotel by staying in the home of fellow missionary Dallas Hinds.  Poor Dallas, he just recently moved in after being in Buenos Aires for a couple of years and isn't even unpacked.  There were boxes everywhere.  Made it hard going up and down the stairs.  lol.  He was an incredibly gracious host and 3 of us had a great time there.  He's also an excellent cook.  If you get the chance to hang out with Dallas in Mendoza, take it!  - God bless you Bro for your great hospitality. 

In his neighborhood he introduced me to the most incredible bakery.  I should have taken a picture of the place.  It not only had all of the usual Argentine pastries, but they had some very unique creations as well.  Thankfully I did not enter the bakery (Panaderia as it is called in Castellano) until my last morning there, right before I left to head home.  Otherwise I might have gained a lot of weight.  : )

Below is a picture of one of their creations - The Palmera.  Usually these are found all over Argentina in 2 different sizes: small & very small.  This panaderia had those as well, but then they also carried the largest ones I have ever seen.  I brought home 5 of them on the bus, one for each person in the family.  They take up almost the entire surface of a dinner plate!  They're about 7 inches across. 

The best part, they were good too.  Sometimes when you buy the abnormal variety of something you like, it turns out to be a disappointment.  Not so with these.  : )

Just one of those cool little things about being in a different part of the world or getting outside of the usual routine. 

Have a good one & God bless -
- Remember to get outside of your usual routine and find something cool in your life

Paz, bendiciones y el amor de Dios en tu vida -

No comments:

Post a Comment